We provide transportation for residents of Clay County who are 60 years or older and live in an independent residence for the following circumstances:
- Medically related appointments (doctors, dentists, mental health professionals)
- To perform essential business for legal or tax assistance
- To apply for housing or other essential benefits
- To attend adult day health care
- To visit a spouse in a nursing home
Individuals may use this service up to 4 round trips per month. Pick-up time begins at 6:00 a.m. and rides must be completed by 5:00 p.m.
We use Assisted Transportation exclusively for all our clients' medical and essential business appointments. New and existing clients can call Assisted Transportation directly to enroll and schedule all appointments. You must schedule your ride no later than 2:00 pm the business day before your appointment.
The cost for transportation in 2018 is:
- $5.00 each way if you are ambulatory
- $10.00 each way if you need a wheelchair lift
Transportation services are provided regardless of income. We will travel anywhere within a 50-mile radius of your home for the above-stated flat fee.
Please note: if you qualify for transportation through Medicaid or VA, you are not eligible for our transportation.
For northern Clay County cities, CCSS funding supports group shopping trips.
Call OATS at 1 (800) 480-6287 for a schedule.
Other transportation options for Clay County residents:
- Liberty Access Bus provides transportation (to doctor appointments, pharmacy and grocery store) within Liberty City limits to all senior citizens age 60 and older or persons 18-59 with a disability. Coupon books cost $10 for 10 coupons; 1 coupon needed for each segment of trip. The service operates Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Reservations are required. Call 816-439-4395 or see City of Liberty Access Bus.
- OATS (Older Adult Transporation Service): 1-800-480-6287. See OATS website for northern Clay County schedule.
- Excelsior Springs: the city operates a bus program for its citizens. $2 for one-way trip. Some merchants/professionals participate in a “Ride a Share” program which pays the return trip fare from their location. Monday through Friday. Call 630-0754 for information.
Kansas City Regional Transit system includes these options. 816-842-9070. Visit their website at http://ridekc.org/fares/reduced-fares for more information.
Ride KC Bus - regular bus service; base fare is $1.50. A $3-day pass is available. Seniors and riders with disabilities can qualify for reduced fares.
Metro Flex Bus for Gladstone, North Kansas City and Tiffany Springs is curb to curb service for those who cannot get to a bus stop. Base fare is $1.50 with day passes available. In Flex service, buses deviate from a fixed route and operate similar to a taxi. This type of service operates in a specific geographical area for each Flex route, and requires riders to make a reservation 24 hours in advance. Limited service days and hours. To schedule service: (816) 346-0346.
Ride KC Freedom: Reduced fare, paratransit service for older adults and disabled; personal care attendant can ride free with applicant. An application must be submitted before you can ride, followed by in-home assessment for ADA eligibility, so plan ahead! Trips may be scheduled between 1 and 14 days in advance. Reservations or information: 816-842-9070.
Ride KC Freedom on demand: 24/7 taxi service in Z-Trip vehicle; non-ADA service. Age 65+ can get reduced fares by submitting application for eligibility.
- Saint Luke's Hospital Care Van: a free community service for Saint Luke's patients. Transportation to Saint Luke’s North Hospital campuses (Barry Road and Smithville) for medical appointments. Must reside within 25-mile radius of the Smithville campus.
Call for schedule: 816-880-6565.
- Northland Shepherd’s Center: You must be 60 and over, live in southern Clay or Platte county. You may have one (1) round trip ride per week to medical, pharmacy, bank or other vital business; and one (1) round trip ride every two (2) weeks to the grocery store or food pantry. No wheelchairs; donations accepted. For more information, call (816) 452-4536.
- Kearney Rides - for Kearney and Holt older adults, based on Northland Shepherd's Center's volunteer transportation program. No wheelchairs, donations accepted. Call the Tech Cafe to schedule: 816-635-0466.
- GoGo Grandparent: Call 855-464-6872 and wait for the self serve concierge. They find the cheapest, fastest rides near you for any transportation need. Minimum fare based on where you live. Brochure: GoGoGrandparent