We provide transportation for residents of Clay County who are 60 years or older and live in an independent residence for the following circumstances:
- Medically related appointments (doctors, dentists, mental health professionals)
- To perform essential business for legal or tax assistance
- To apply for housing or other essential benefits
- To attend adult day health care
- To visit a spouse in a nursing home
Individuals may use this service up to 4 round trips per month. Pick-up time begins at 6:00 a.m. and rides must be completed by 5:00 p.m.
We use Assisted Transportation exclusively for all our clients' medical and essential business appointments. New and existing clients can call Assisted Transportation directly to enroll and schedule all appointments. You must schedule your ride no later than 2:00 pm the business day before your appointment.
The cost for transportation in 2017 is:
- $5.00 each way if you are ambulatory
- $10.00 each way if you need a wheelchair lift
Transportation services are provided regardless of income. We will travel anywhere within a 50-mile radius of your home for the above-stated flat fee.
Please note: if you qualify for transportation through Medicaid or VA, you are not eligible for our transportation.
For northern Clay County cities, CCSS funding supports group shopping trips.
Call OATS at 1 (800) 480-6287 for a schedule.
Other transportation options for Clay County residents:
- Metro Flex Bus for Gladstone, North Kansas City: MetroFlex is flexible, on-demand bus service that operates like a taxicab for the same cost as fixed-route service. Buses travel within a set boundary, instead of a specific route. In some cases, you may get door-to-door service. To schedule service and plan your trip, give us 24 hours notice by simply calling the MetroFlex office at (816) 346-0346.
- Liberty Access Bus provides free transportation (to doctor appointments, pharmacy and grocery store) within Liberty City limits to all senior citizens age 60 and older or persons 18-59 with a disability. The service operates Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Reservations are required. Call 816-439-4395 for more information or reservations.
- OATS (Older Adult Transporation Service): 1-800-480-6287. See OATS website for Clay County schedule.
- Excelsior Springs: the city operates a bus program for its citizens. Call 630-0754 for information.
- Share-A-Fare transportation program provides specialized origin to destination service for individuals whose disability prevents them from independently using fixed-route bus service. The service provides complementary paratransit trips as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) throughout The Metro bus service area. To join the program, an application must be submitted. Each program participant receives an ID card with a number. Trips may be scheduled between 1 and 14 days in advance by calling the reservation phone number (816) 842-9070. Share-A-Fare office hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saint Luke's Hospital Care Van: a free community service for patients who have no other transportation. Call for schedule: 816-880-6565.
- City Wide transportation: (816) 241-8822.