Together We Care
Through Northland Shepherd's Center: Meets quarterly. 2018 meeting dates are 3/21/18, 6/20/18, 9/19/18, 12/19/18 from 11:30 am til 1 pm. Contact Dianna Englander, Coordinator: (816) 452-4536.
Grandparent and Relative Caregiver support group
Through a grant from CCSS in cooperation with Clay County University of Missouri Extension Council, two daytime support groups and one evening support group are offered. Contact the GrandFamilies Program at (816) 407-3490.
Download the flyers: GrandFamilies Kansas City North and GrandFamilies Excelsior Springs.
- 2nd Wednesday of every month, 10 am til noon at North Cross United Methodist Church, 1321 NE Vivion Road, KC, MO 64118.
- 3rd Thursday of every month, 10 til 11:30 am at Good Samaritan Center, 108 S. Thompson in Excelsior Springs, MO.
- 4th Wednesday, 6 til 8:00 pm at Platte Woods United Methodist Church.
Liberty Hospital has monthly support groups:
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Support group
- Living after Loss support group
- Caregiver Resources
- Stroke Support Group
Call Jennifer Funston at (816) 407-2100 or www.libertyhospital.org
For more information, Call Karen Clond, LMSW, at (913) 831-3888.
Alzheimer's & dementia support group
A supportive and educational gathering for families and friends meets 1st Thursday of each month at 6 pm at Addington Place, 9601 N Tullis Dr, KC MO 64157. RSVP: (816) 407-9667
More helpful resources for caregivers:
"I will fearlessly develop a personal support system of friends and family and remember that others also love my loved one and are willing to help if I let them know what they can do to support my caregiving." (from The Caregiver Manifesto by Gary Barg)